Officially, I am on maternity leave. After a couple of months of lengthy to-do lists and an overwhelming push to fit in as many photography clients as possible, I am free to just sit back and give birth. Last night following a couple of hours of inconsistent contractions, Mister Man found himself once again in a crazy painful place and I was hurting very badly. On the surface I was being as tough as possible (for Josh), but really my mind was racing. I think it is funny, but true that all pregnant women --no matter how uncomfortable these last couple of days can be-- at the reality of labor beginning start to freak out mentally. The thought is something along the lines of, "Are you serious? This is happening now?!?"
My doctor's office postponed my c-section and I was very bummed about it. All that planning for nothing. My disappointment lasted a short while (read: a phone call of venting to my mom). And then I remembered I am about to have a newborn. Planning for nothing is about to be my mantra. My schedule is about to not be my own, so it might as well start now.
| Thanks to G'ma Janet for these pictures. Hudson loved his evening with Papa Bear and G'ma. |
1 comment:
You look so great! The last few weeks are rough, but you'll make it through and have a beautiful little guy to snuggle with again. Take it EASY now and don't think about anything that maybe should be added to your now empty to-do list!
Post a Comment