| First field trip and my first time as a chaperone. Sweet. |
You came home from school this week with your first progress report. I will admit just seeing it in your backpack made my blood pressure rise. I think you are the smartest Little Man in the whole world, but having you participate in standardized assessments already stresses me out. And despite my best former teacher intentions, when seeing those few items where you scored a "W" (working on) I immediately said aloud, "Well, that is just wrong. He knows THAT." and fought the overwhelming urge to go tell your teacher so. I promised myself to not be THAT kind of parent though, which is why I am glad you are in school now. It will give Mama time to get a handle on herself.
As far as those items you need to work on, let's see...I promise to teach you when your birthday is. I did not know this was necessary information for you to know. Your dad will tell you that I have never known when his birthday is. I admit ever since your brother was born I get everyone's birthdays confused. If you don't get it right, don't worry. It takes all of us a moment. I am just proud that you know you live in "Indiananana".
And I am sorry that you do not know how to skip. But you should know you come from a long line of family who are skip-deficient. I can vividly remember coming home from 2nd grade with a note from the gym teacher requesting someone teach me how to skip. Back and forth I had to practice in our playroom. Eventually, I mastered it. The problem with learning how to skip when you are eight is, unless you hope to get the lead in The Wizard of Oz, it is a skill you really do not need after that. So, it is great that I will teach you now. Maybe you can get some use out of it. I never did.
That is all. You are a smart little cookie. And we are so proud of you. Of course you know the difference between a heart and diamond. Stupid teacher.
Much love,
Your Mama
4 comments:
Haha I had no idea kids got "graded" on whether they knew their birthday or could skip! What weird ways to assess a 3 year old. Don't be so hard on yourself! That little boy is so super smart because of the wonderful job you've done with him. I'm pretty sure in 13 or so years when he gets his first job, no one is going to ask him to skip for them!
I can't even begin to explain how much I love this post! I'll just say this: Brecken got his first Kindergarten report card last week and Macyn got her first progress report yesterday. :-)
Colbey
LOVE it! Mama lions just don't like their babies messed with!!
I am prepared for the note that states, Vivian doesn't color things realistic colors or remain in the lines."
This never was nor will be her mother's strong suit.
Post a Comment