Monday, January 23, 2012

Dethroned Part Two

With the birth of a child, someone in the household moves down the totem pole. Ask anyone with a family pet. How many times have you heard, "Well, Spot was our baby until Junior came along"? In houses without a dog, it is the husband that falls first. (Ouch. Well, it is true, right?!?!) Regardless, I should have been more prepared that I would be knocked down a peg with the birth of a baby. Yet I am still surprised how low on the hierarchy I have fallen.

I will let this serve as the answer to the previous blog's photo teaser.
You see, when Hudson was a baby, I frequently felt like his whole world. I could so easily make him laugh. Coo. Giggle. He watched my every move. I was his entire kingdom.

Then Tucker came along. I could have sparklers coming out of my ears and be wearing clown make-up and this new kid would be craning his neck to see what his brother was doing. I am invisible. His whole world is Hudson. If Little Man walks into the room, he is the one to follow. If Hudson says, "Hi dere Tucka Tucka," is makes T's day. Matter-a-fact if Hudson says anything, Tucker thinks it is the most hilarious thing uttered.

Dethroned. Again.

1 comment:

Macey said...

I know the feeling! And can I just tell you that the word "Ayden" comes out of Colton's mouth a million times more than Mama. Whatever :o)