Sunday, January 1, 2012

Organization

I fancy myself an organized person, but it takes me awhile to get there. I like my piles of things and according to my husband, I never put anything away in the same place twice. That is because I am constantly re-evaluating where the best place for things should be. Like most engineers, he believes that an item belongs in the exact location it was placed seven years ago when we moved into this palace. (Never he mind that my kitchen cabinets keep disappearing and reappearing in a new size.) Yes, this causes me to frequently forget where I put something (read: most everything), but one day I will have the everything in its perfect spot. 

So with every new year I contemplate resolving to be quicker to get things in their places. This year I am going to get there by getting rid of more things. Sadly that includes baby boy things. Tucker is already wearing 9 month outfits. That makes me so sad, but I can happily see the end to the swing clogging up my family room floor! 
Speaking of family room floor, thanks to my continued addiction to Pinterest, I found this intelligent idea for Little Man. Lately the Hudson Hot Wheels Dealership has gotten seriously out of control. Cars are everywhere! We created with construction paper parking lots for his cars so he can organize them by color. I love the meticulous attention he gives to deciding which parking lot multicolored vehicles belongs in. He will follow me around the house asking for my input. Of course, I am the worst person to help with this little game. I would put the rainbow colored Jeff Gordon car in yellow today and decide it would better fit in red tomorrow and change my mind to blue the next day and then not be able to find it the next...

3 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

Ok, I seriously don't know where to start. First Pintrist is awesome, amazing and totally addicting. Secondly, I think I have a picture of Spencer doing close to the exact same thing except with his bug collection. I love watching these two grow up.

Macey said...

What a great idea for the cars! I'll have to try that out with Ayden, though he doesn't seem to have my organization bug so I'm not sure he'll be as interested in it as Hudson seems to be.

Christina said...

What an AWESOME idea. I think I'll do something like this for Connor. We have been told by Mrs. Smith that he might be "color blind". This (IMO) will help show me if I should be more concerned than I already am! :)

Love watching Hudson and Tucker thru your eyes. Please don't ever stop sharing your sons with the rest of us!!