Today our Wii Fit balance board called me obese. This is not news to me as those BMI charts say I need to weigh 129 for my height. Make me laugh. I haven’t weighed that since 8th grade. No kidding. Even the fake weight I put on my driver’s license when I was sixteen was 135 pounds, so let’s be realistic. The significant problem was having to explain to Mr. Million-Questions-Hudson what obese was. I think he zoned out after I the balance games started anyway.
To my credit, the whole reason the topic came up is because I am working diligently to get myself back- both mentally and physically. Getting back into my groove has taken MUCH longer after baby number two than it did after baby number one. (And that wasn’t easy.) Although I gained less weight with Tucker’s pregnancy, it isn’t coming off. At all. No matter that if I look up reasons people gain weight on the internet I am a poster child for factors 1-3: no sleep, stress, and medications. Excuses aside—I have been on the healthy train for awhile now. (In my world that means more than a week.) So we got out the Wii Fit today. Nevermind it had been 453 days since it was last touched. (That is an accurate count too because the stupid technology told me it had been that long. Thank you, Wii Fit and your ridiculous memory chip. Blech.)
I do not have any desire to be 129 pounds. I would just like to not sound like a popcorn popper when I walk. I would like to be able to chase around my boys and not get winded. I would like to not have wings of skin flapping from arms.You would think I would have well-defined biceps and triceps after lugging these two boys around. Hrmpfh..but what do I know. I did not think it would be this hard to work five fruits and vegetables into my daily diet. (Does wine count? It is just grapes, right?)
Getting my groove back has also included taking a harsh survey of all aspects of my life. Figuring out who I can really depend on is an example. I am so grateful for the friends and family who recognize how difficult post-partum time can be. You just can not get through it without support. Every day requires effort to keep focused and ensure I get a healthy dose of laughter.
Just as I can not remember the first six months after Hudson was born, I anticipate I will have troubles remembering the past six months soon enough. Yet, I am overwhelmed to think of all the major life changes and events that have occurred. Take the new studio. My photography business is literally blooming and (for what I want to deal with right now) booming. Six months ago I was definitely not in this position.
So, here is to my public affirmation that I am back on the health train. I will get my brain and body back together. Most importantly for myself. But also for those cute little boys whom you all seem to like.

4 comments:
Go Mama! It's not easy, but it's worth it. The fact that you recognize this is the first big step toward your goal.
All right. I have been reading your blog for two years and never commented. But I have to with this one!
I thought I was the only person who lied about my weight when I was a teenager. You are brave to admit it!
Good luck with your goals and keep writting!
AJM
You are beautiful and always have been!
What honesty......I LOVE it!! You are beautiful.....inside and out!! If I could only be half the mother/woman you are.....I'd be honored!! :)
Post a Comment