A couple of months ago now Hudson initiated playing a pretend game where "sharks" are swimming around the floor and the only safe place is the island of Mama and Dada's bed. This is just one example of how I have recently noticed his imagination in full throttle. I really enjoy this type of play probably because I can so vividly remembering playing this same game myself.
A week ago Saturday I purchased the absolute last thing we need in this house: another stuffed animal. But as I walked the aisles of Meijer I saw this shark on clearance for $6. I just knew my Little Man needed it. When I was little, I had a lot (understatement) of stuffed animals. So I understand liking those too.
Upon returning home I hid the shark under our bed. A couple of days later during our morning ritual of "quick! jump up on the bed!" I took an opportune moment to pull the shark out when Hudson was talking to his brother. As he resumed play and leaned off the bed to pet the sharks (who had turned friendly, he said) I watched his entire face contort in confusion and then light up as he jumped off the bed and snatched up his new friend.
He didn't put Mr. Whale Shark (his name choice, obviously) down for days on end. Silly to me how this type of thing continues to just melt my heart.
1 comment:
You sure are a great mom to surprise him so. He's a really fun little guy, and we're happy to see him use his imagination like this. When I taught 4 th grade, too many kids had NO imagination because they spent their lives in front of the tv. Keep encouraging him this way. Grandma H
Post a Comment