Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kennedy

To an almost comical degree, all aspect of my life always come full circle. Irony surrounds me everywhere: Former students become my teachers; I spent years looking for my perfect mate for him to be in my life the whole time; things I attempt to escape always end up popping up around the next turn. You get the idea...

Since my 8th grade year I have been kinda, okay-- strike that, really obsessed with the life (and the death) of John F. Kennedy. I have seen the Zapruder film too many times and entertain an unhealthy addiction of conspiracy theories. Naturally, Kennedy was on my baby girl name list. My "books to read" list is overflowing with a lengthy list of various biographies and historical accounts of this solitary interest. 

To close the final arc of the Kennedy circle, my son is now consumed with Kennedy as well. Unfortunately, it is not my beloved JFK, but a little lady in his preschool program. He talks about her all. the. time. I went into school after Christmas trying to capture a glimpse of the girl. She was not present at the time, but his teacher assured me that he is quite taken with her. Last week I saw her for the first time. I went into school to pick him up and she ran by (back and to the left) (Sorry, that was a Seinfeld/Zapruder joke). Anyway, I did not know I could have such hostility towards someone only 37 inches tall.
This preoccupation is most unwelcomed, for I-- feel quite dethroned. 

Sigh.
Moving on... I will end with a quick guessing game for those of you who like this sort of memory lane twist. Which is Tucker and which is Hudson?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Hudson would say, "Easy-peasy." Top photo is Tucka and the bottom one is Hudson! Grandma H
ps. If I'm wrong, it means I need to spend MORE time with my two little angels.
ps.ps. If I'm correct, I still need to spend more time with them!

Sarah said...

Sounds like Kaelyn has some competition. :)
I'm guessing the top is tucker and the bottom is Hudson.

mistymadisonjo said...

Tucker on top and Hudson on the bottom!
Kennedy fascination huh? I never knew. I am dying to read the Jackie O. book that Caroline put out.