Monday, January 12, 2009

Five months old

A high level of disparity exists between the pictures and words of today’s posts. Here are Hudson’s five month pictures. I took these over the weekend as the weather has turned cold enough a snowsuit is now mandatory. He looks absolutely gorgeous (and adorable), and, I know this is saying a bunch, but these are my favorite pictures I have taken of him to date. Now paired with these stunning pictures is the reality: I am exhausted. Beat down. Unable to focus on the keyboard-exhausted.
My inability to fall asleep has turned a disorder that I am hoping my doctor can fix. Last night I was awake until two a.m. Today I made an appointment, but it isn’t until late next month. Thankfully Hudson slept until 6:45 (and not his usual 5:30). I was worried as he spent the better part of the weekend curled up on my lap, running a fever, and tugging at his left ear. I started calling into the pediatrician at 8:30 this morning only to get the “all circuits are full” auto response for the first three tries. Finally, I did get through and took the next available appointment. Little Mister Eighteen Pounds has an ear infection in his left ear only. He is beyond cranky and it just makes me feel beat. Today I had the thought, “I can’t remember what it is like not to be puked on” as I changed both of our clothes several times—not because I cared what we looked like, but because we were both soaked through to the skin. Luckily, I believe Hudson was able to not lose his first dose of amoxicillin, but I did spill a dose of the pink stuff on his white sleeper (you know that isn’t coming off!). Finally, Josh has left for the week, and I am here to brave the gale alone.
I considered not writing at all tonight, but I believe truth to be an important factor for this historical record. Some days, it is just hard being a mama.
Oh, here is one more picture just to make me smile as I try and sleep. He is pretty sweet when he is not sick. Oh heck, he is always sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you both are having a rough time. Sleep is just around the corner!!

These pictures are just adorable!!!

Kris said...

What a cutie in his snowsuit :)
I have heard that the medicine starts working really fast, so hopefully he will be his normal happy self soon.
I think Josh will owe you a big date night when he gets back....