Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Changing too fast

Prepare yourself.
.
.

The picture here is a heartgrabber.
.
.
.
Seriously. Of all the pictures I have taken of my son in the past twenty four weeks, this one will shock and amaze you. It scares the heck out of me. Are you ready? Are you mentally prepared?
.
.
No cheating and scrolling down before you're fully ready.
.
.




Doesn’t he look like a little boy?!?! Not infant that he is. Not a baby. Not a toddler. Not a little five month old guy. He looks like a little boy! It is going too fast!
So, here is your funny story: Hudson is weighing nearly 20 pounds and carrying him in his car seat is breaking my back. Literally. So, I thought that maybe last Thursday when we meet our playgroup at the mall we could forgo the car seat completely and put him straight from the car into the stroller sitting up if he could handle it. Naturally, I felt compelled to practice putting him in the stroller since I had never done that before and didn’t want to look like an idiot in front of all my mommy cohorts. No little lapbelt here! Those five point harness systems are confusing. So, I did and took the picture that you see here…tears falling the whole time, of course, because he looks so grown up. Where is the petite wrinkly skinned six pound three ounce baby I brought home in August?
It really has taken me this many days (nearly a week) to be able to look at this picture and not get all choked up.

I took this other picture last Friday when it was nearly 55 and we were going for a walk. Doesn’t he look cute in his monkey coat? Thanks Grandma Janet and Poppa Bear.

Funny to look at this today because there is almost a foot of snow on the ground. Oh well, just like life, the weather changes too quickly.


Keep warm!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I was just thinking that too. Today I was shoveling snow off the step Leah and I played on just last week without coats on!
And a year ago she couldn't even crawl. Now she is climbing on top of coffee tables!
TOO FAST!

sportsmom1017 said...

Hold your breath - I can remember the 1st time I put Sarah in a stroller. Tomorrow we go to Butler to meet the Pharmacy staff and go to the Financial Aid office! And you think time is going fast now......

Hugs! Lori