Saturday, January 3, 2009

Just a touch

In the neighborhood of 5 a.m. today Hudson grabbed my glasses off my face. For the past five days, he has been waking up at this untimely hour to eat. He goes back to sleep for another three hours without problem, but I digress...
Hudson is grabbing and grasping things now with ease. I know this might seem like a small skill, but when the first three months of life are not much more than eat-sleep-BURP-poop, this is an amazing welcomed change. First, he would hold Mr. Giraffe during his morning clothing change. Then, he learned to clutch to his rattle. Now, it is anything you put in front of him. Of course, everything goes immediately to his mouth for a quick taste.
His favorite toy is his set of links. I first saw them on the carrier of one of his playgroup friends. They are super cheap ($4 for 20ish) and excellent for holding, chewing, and throwing on the floor (the new skill that comes quickly after learning to grasp, I guess). He now has two sets and they are attached to about everything he "sits" in: his carrier, his swing, his bouncy seat, his doorway jumper, and his playgym. He loves 'em. Here is a picture of him over Christmas sitting in his dad & previously his grandpa's high chair with some of his first set.



While packing for our upcoming trip today, Hudson was laying on the floor in his room. As I walked past him he grabbed my pants leg as if to say, "Hey, Mama, down here!" It was so cute. Much cuter than grabbing my hair --I am not always wearing glasses!!--at 5:30 a.m.

No comments: