| Mark cleaning out hallway closets off the list of pre-baby things to do. I had some... um... assistance with the winter gear. |
July is a desolate wasteland with no agenda. Only one date bears a notation: C-section. Not a fun reprieve mentioned on any of the 31 days. Yet, I don’t think a supped-up June will make those days any less tolerable. Life is gonna change regardless.
So, now that I am cognizant of my problem, I must fix it. Tomorrow I will slash events off the calendar for more sit and chill time. More popsicles on the patio time. More lets appreciate the air conditioning time.
I believe that all mothers have a genuine concern for how the second child will fit into the mix. Many have spoke with me about “not thinking I could love another” and related veins of thought. Most genuinely, I do not question my ability to love another baby. The way my heart changed on August 13, 2008 is burned into my brain. My biggest stresses fall with the other two issues: energy and time.
That is where I am right now. A 36 year old 35 week pregnant lady running out of energy. I need some prayers for these last few weeks.
2 comments:
Yes, prayers coming your way. I just have to say that I love both my children equally with 100% of my heart, but I love them differently. You to will understand this concept. You don't split your time and energy, you just do it differently.
As always, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
While I was pregnant with Connor, some people actually had the nerve to ask me if I thought I could love Whyatt ("the adopted one") as much as I would love this unborn child. The answer was.....I have no doubt! Now that I am a mommy to three I can honestly tell you that I love my children and there is no difference between "adoption" and "birth". However, there are certain things that each child brings that is different from the other. Those are the things that make each child special!!
I will say (just joking) that when I look at my over-weight body there are days that I love Whyatt more because he didn't have any help in tearing up my body!! :) :)
Post a Comment