Monday, June 6, 2011

Why Why Why Why Why

Slowly going insane here.
And I am not sure there is a lifeboat big enough to save my gigantic pregnant self.

Hudson has learned the art of the meaning and asking, “Why?”

I say the meaning because I have heard other toddlers ask this questions before, but not really understand the word. He does. He asks, “Why?” with intention. However, I am confident his intentions are to drive me nuts.

Here is our conversation from earlier today:

“Mama is going to cook us some dinner now, Bud.”
”Why?”
“Because we are hungry, right?”
”Yes. Why?”
“Why are we hungry?”
“Yes.”
“Because we need to eat every so often.”
“Why?”
“Food gives us energy.”
”Why?”
“Why do we need energy?”
“Yes. Why?”
“So we can do um...stuff.”
“Why?”
“Agh!!!!”
“Why you say ‘Agh!!’ Mama?”
”I think I am going to go crazy, Hudson.”
”Why?”

I have discovered two things. Number one I know a lot less about most science topics than I thought I did. And two, I have no freaking clue why Grover has a nose and Cookie Monster does not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember one of your FAVORITE answers you can give is "Because I am your Mother and I say so!"

Anonymous said...

or my favorite response - "Why not?"


Lori