Funny how this was NOT Tucker's first trip to the track. As at 10 months, he was already there for the Easter egg hunt. So he handled the trip like a seasoned race fan: absolutely no napping and no crying all day long.
It was a hot one at 87 degrees. You feel the heat when you backpack the needs for two kids and two adults around everywhere. We required a lot of stuff! Tucker later in the afternoon used sign language for the first time. We have been working on "more" with him and mid-day I gave him a pumpkin-plum baby food pouch (another new invention since Hudson was this age!). It had been in the cooler and must have tasted very good as he continually signed MORE MORE MORE while eating. He was so pleased with himself and laughed most the time!
From one of Josh's co-worker's lovely wife, Hudson was given a 1:18 replica of Ryan Hunter-Reay's DHL car. We had it waiting for him this morning in his carseat. Climbing into the car he just kept saying, "Whoa. Whoa." Hudson did not take his hands off it and naturally found playing with it more interesting than his corndog lunch.
When we headed to sit in the front stretch, Ryan had just finished qualifying. Josh and Hudson found themselves separated from Tucker and I by the throngs of race fans hoping for a picture or autograph.
Ryan's wife, Beccy, noted our adorable Hudson with his orange pop mustache and oversized ear protection and said, "You better sign this one!" to Little Man's new car. (You like how I talk like I know these people?!?)
Sure enough, Ryan paused, talked to Hudson, and autographed the car. A photographer from the Indy Star also stopped and asked for his name and city for her caption writing. I hope he is in the newspaper tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment