Monday, May 21, 2012

Stop it.

I must stop comparing the boys. I know this.
But it is haaaaaaaaaaaaard. And I am not alone on this. Others say they do it too. It is like part of motherhood DNA or something. For every doctor's appointment for Tucker I am consulting the blog to see how tall was Hudson or looking to see what things he was doing at what age. Even normal every day Tucker activities remind me of an experience with Hudson. 

For example, according to this very blog, I know that Hudson was completely off bottles at 10.5 months. That is like next week for Tucker and he is no where close to being ready. He is so-not-ready that I can not even fathom how Hudson was using straw cups at this age. Since it is such our nature to compare things, I need to be more understanding to moms who are constantly offering up anecdotes to how they raised their kids. They are not saying I am doing anything wrong. As my Granny would say, "You just know what you know." 

Likewise, Hudson was a fantastic eater. I seem to remember being able to give him just about anything. Tucker: not so much. The kid does not like pasta or rice mixed in with his baby food. He hates all of the "third stages" of food. He does not like eggs or cottage cheese at all. He really does not want to have to chew anything. I am so confused what to feed this poor kid.

They are different. I get it. However, when we spent the day at the track on Saturday, I could not help my very human nature, which impelled me to come home and look up this picture from May 2009:
 And compare it to this picture from May 2012:
Same stroller. Same earphones. Same paci clip. Very different little men.

No comments: