Sometimes I get so frustrated that Hudson has potty accidents. Mostly because I am mad at myself. Okay, that is a lie. Mostly I am angry that I have to do laundry again. The kid has ten pairs of underwear and it is ridiculous how often I am washing little racecar decorated tighty whiteys. Every day! Ugh. Anyway, I have been pretty clear with Josh that I feel like if Little Man pees his pants, it is our fault. Yes, he knows about how to go, but I still think it is our job to remind him. (To be clear, Hudson has only pooped his pants once since the day he was potty trained. However, he can be wet constantly and not be bothered by it.)
A real problem is the kid has the bladder the size of a pea. If he has a soccer game at 6:00, I can not give him a drink after 5:30 or he will be peeing in the bushes at the side of the field. (Yes, we did this two nights ago. Judge away...)
So, here we are, officially three years and nine months old and I already wondering how long I have to toilet paper his bum. How do you teach this effectively? Can he master this now? Wait a couple years yet? Why do they not write articles about this kind of stuff in Parents magazine? I most genuinely have nightmares of him going to first grade walking out of the bathroom with his pants at his ankles waiting for a wipe. Surely he will figure it out by then, right? Tips welcome-- privately, please. I have embarrassed my Little Man enough!
Update: I wrote this blog and went to bed at 12:30 a.m. At 2:17, a little face leaned into mine. "Mama," Hudson whispered. "I have to pee." Funny how you write about one thing and the kid takes a giant leap forward at the same time! So, we went potty and back to bed. Later that same day, he peed his pants at the park. Sigh.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment