I have found some really fantastic free fun for Hudson and I: Story time at the library. For the past three weeks we have adjusted our Thursday morning schedule to make it to Greenwood Public Library's story time for infants. I was pretty leery at first that this would be a worthwhile experience for a six month old; however, I woke up Hudson yesterday just to go. (In Mamaspeak, that means this must be miraculous!)The class begins with bubbles and a welcome song. Then the teacher shares with us the theme of the week. One week it was transportation; one time it was Valentines, and most recently it was birthdays. She reads us a book about the topic and is so creative with her ideas for movements and hand gestures. Hudson literally squeals in delight during the whole book. Then she has us sing some songs usually with new words to old tunes. Those are really cute. Hudson likes to grab the little lady sitting next to him; his friend Kaelyn from playgroup. She is two days younger than him and they are adorable together. I love watching him interact with all the kids. Micah, also from playgroup, sat next to us yesterday and his new thing is screaming at the top of his lungs. Hudson just looked at him wide-eyed like, “What is your problem, dude? I am trying to listen to the story.”
Like I said, the best part is this is completely free. And I haven’t cried yet! We are going to try the Franklin Library’s story time next week. I need to get something out of all those late fines.
Reading is definitely a priority for both Josh and I. We have been reading to Hudson for awhile. One of my most precious memories is one night when Josh put him to bed and came into the living room after with his face wet from tears. I asked him what was wrong and he simply said, “Oh! The places you will go!” a delightful Dr. Seuss book bought for Hudson by my aunt and uncle and read to him for the first time. Through the past couple of months I have found some children’s stories that are just as good, or better, than the books I read as a kid. My three favorites are Click, clack, moo; Little Quack; and Hooray for Fish. Fabulous free fun.

Finally, Hudson has finally done my most favoritest thing that babies do: he has and is putting his feet into his mouth. I caught this picture last night. I love love love when babies do this! Expect more pictures of the same.
2 comments:
ah - to be that limber again! He is just too darn cute! One of my fav's to read to Sarah and Matt was Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?
Can we have girls night out dinner next week?
"I woke up Hudson ..."
haha. I know exactly what you mean. :) I am glad to know I am not the only one who does not care to start the day at a 'mom induced' time every morning.
Leah's favorite is Go Dog Go right now. My favorite is Lama Lama Red Pajama. You should check it out :)
Post a Comment