
As a treat to myself, I took Hudson to a professional photography studio for his six month pictures. Of course, the past couple of months have been well documented, but I thought it would be nice to see what a photographer could do with unlimited backdrops and props. The result: They can magically dig into the depths of my very tightly shut wallet and pull out all sorts of money I had no intention of parting with.
I was enticed by the neon $9.99 package sign in the window and left with um...more than that on my MasterCard. Ahhhhh, but you know how it is. They get you with pictures of your baby at their absolute best. And I think we secretly think, "Buy! Buy! They may never be this happy again!"
Hudson was an absolute photographer's dream. Actually, he was the dream of my photographer, his "peek-a-boo" & wacky noised sidekick, and three other photographers in the place. Everyone was watching Hudson's photo shoot because, well, he was just too cute. He smiled on cue. Giggled as needed. Held props. And made it absolutely impossible for me to say no to additional sheets and pages and packages. I thought I was a hard sell on the creative stuff I can do myself, let me tell you.
While Josh was sweetly unphased by the total bill for these landmark photographs(that was my sell), he also didn't seem to appreciate the restraint I exercised in not buying a copy of each of the twenty three prints I initially was in love with. I am pretty sure I will dream about the pictures I didn't buy tonight. Maybe tomorrow night too.
While it was overall a great experience, I must share that I think some of the pictures I have taken of him recently are just as precious: spit-up, nose boogers, food stains, and slobber and all.
This picture here just makes me want to cuddle his cute little body all day.
And suddenly, I am hungry for peaches...

4 comments:
Got to love each precious picture. Portrait Innovations let me leave their studio but only after spending $140 more than I planned on, ha! It was great seeing you last night! We are both so lucky to have such beautiful and healthy boys.
Molly
SO CUTE!! I have to snuggle him soon!!
How adorable!!
I would love to get the boys together!!
My heart leaped when I saw his professional pictures (though I must say you are very talented yourself)! I have been wanting to take Spencer in, but of course an ear infection for the past month has postponed any attempts for a photo shoot. Yes, they are so darn cute you want to squeeze them all the time!
Post a Comment