As of last Friday's doctor visit, Hudson is now --officially-- 19 pounds and just a tick shy of 28 inches long. For those who haven't purchased baby clothes recently, that translates to 9 months old in everything but Carter's brand (they run small). However, it appears that two things happen with clothing at 9 months. First, they don't exist. Sooooo many stores and companies, for example Gymboree (expensive, but adorable), don't even have a 9 months size in many of their outfits. They go straight to 12 months. This presents the saggy pants look, and while that may be popular with the rappers, my little white guy needs pants that f-i-t. Likewise, as I mentioned earlier, you really have to watch the height and weight on clothing; brands like Carters are always tiny. The second issue with clothing at this size is they are hard to find. I had to go to three stores today (Kmart, Target, and then Carters outlet) to find footed pajamas. The two "superstores" didn't have anything beyond a 6-9 month size. At Carters, by their measurements, he is wearing 12 months (insert my crying noises). So, I purchased him the pjs seen here.
Our car seat is valid until 22 pounds or 29 inches. Obviously, one of those two milestones will be reached very soon. New research must now ensue. I will happily get rid of the "pumpkin seat" because it is such a pain to carry. However, he needs to be sitting up just a bit better before he is ready for high chairs at restaurants, shopping cart seats, and such. Hopefully, he will be ready for that soon. Regardless, I purchased the stinking thing thinking it might last us to...I don't know...May, at least? Yikes.

One more thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHIE! Hudson is my big boy, but you are my old boy. Hudson was helpful eating your birthday card and wrapping paper. Maybe he would make a
good billy goat for Halloween next year. Or maybe he just needs some fiber in his diet.
good billy goat for Halloween next year. Or maybe he just needs some fiber in his diet.
3 comments:
How cute!!
Hudson is "out weighing" Connor. Connor weighs 16 1/2 lbs.
Has Hudson had his six-month shots yet? Connor goes next Wednesday.
Happy Birthday Josh!!!
Christina
Almost caught up to Leah. She is wearing 12 month in carters. Not much longer though. The search needs to begin for the next size wardrobe.
And. Next time you go to the edinburg outlets you should let me know! I will meet you there!
Happy Birthday Josh!
Tanner has those same PJ's. You should check out Kohl's; that is where I get most of Tanner's. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy boy. Who doesn't love the rolls?
Molly
Post a Comment