Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Naturally (although it feels unnatural) there are things little man does that drive me insane. Turns out just like the trite saying goes, being gone made me miss him and his little quirks so much. I have been back 36 hours and I am trying to remember how much I "love" it when he:

*follows me around the house with his "Mama?! Mama!?" call. It is almost like a warning signal of the emergency broadcast system to my ears. His cadence and tone are perfectly repeating. And it does not stop until he has located me by sight. Sometimes I wish we lived in a one room cabin. No matter if I only leave the room for a minute, I can guarantee that he will be sounding his little siren quickly. "Mama?! Mama!? Mama?! Mama!?"

*wants to be under my feet or in my arms as I cook.  He wants to "see-eee?" into every pot and pan. Yes, he has grabbed the oven rack once. He wants to be in the middle of the action. How I miss the Baby B'jorn during cooking times! Since we are doing the whole kitchen remodel and don't have upper cabinets right now, he is very content to sit still and watch from the counters. I just might never want them to be finished! Naaaaaaaaaaaah....


 
*telling me to "WIPE!" every single time he comes to join me in the bathroom. Yeah, sorry, this one will never be cute. I suddenly miss Texan rest areas with rattlesnake warnings. Oh well...guess he can't be perfect.

No comments: