Hudson at the his first sprint car race Friday night.
Somewhere in the middle of Texas I received this on my phone.
God bless technology and Josh for all the videos, pics, and messages!
The reality of the situation is this: for many months I have privately thought how I wished I could explain to the grandparents and other relatives whom Hudson sees infrequently that it takes time for Hudson or any toddler to warm up to a new (and sometimes even distantly familiar) face. Walking into our house might make you geared up for a smathering of kisses and hugs, but rarely—if ever—is he on the same page. Yes, in just a couple of minutes you will all be friends again, but give. him. time.
I needed to take my own advice. No one could have been more anxious to get off of Southwest flight 746 this morning, but that did not make my toddler with the memory span equivalent of a gnat feel the same. I just had to give him time and when he was ready, two hours and ten minutes later, slobbery kisses abounded and he let me hold him without complaint.
That is all for now. I am off to spend quality time with the boy who was not mad at my return!!

2 comments:
Awww......
Glad all is well!! :)
This pic spooks me! At first glance he looks like he's next to the track. So happy you are home.
Post a Comment