But back to my alarm clock. Hudson sleeps every night with five items--Mr. Giraffe, Caterpillar, Caterpillar II, Baby, and Paci (all pictured here). Every morning these items go for a ride o-v-e-r the rails of the crib as a warning flare that it is about time for me to get up.
My morning goes like this: I promptly take over the entire bed the instant Josh gets out of it and sometime between 7:00 and 8:30, I hear the first, "UH-ohhhhhhhhh" *thump* as one the items lands on the floor in his room. Equate this act to you hitting your snooze button. I roll over, shut my eyes tighter, and try to fight back to sleep. Seconds later, "Uh OHHHHHH" *thump!* Usually followed by laughing. I burrow further into the covers. Usually items three and four go in quick succession. *Thump! Thump!*
It is usually not in my best interest to allow the fifth--and most precious-- item to go overboard. Once paci has left the crib, Hudson goes into a duosyllabic verbal trance of, "Uh-oh-uh-oh-uh-oh-uh-oh-uh-oh-uh-oh-uh-oh" that does NOT stop until you cross the threshold of his door and acknowledge that there is indeed a serious problem. Josh and I call these, "PACI DOWN!" scenarios.
My fabulous alarm clock makes up for the terrible temper-tantrums, squirmy, wiggly poopy pants, and other typical wacky realities of my new life.
Sorry, this item is not sold in stores.
1 comment:
can you increase the length of snooze by adding more items to throw? :) Leah usually had an attached changing table full of her 'buddies' to play with upon waking up. Gave me many precious minutes of sleeping, working, or just peeking ;)
Post a Comment