Monday, September 8, 2008

Fourth Quarter

I have reached the fourth quarter. The game is almost over. The bfeeding game, that is. Hopefully, unlike the Colts game yesterday this will not be a "L" for the home team. I have given myself permission to stop bfeeding at the end of this week. Hudson will be (gulp!) four weeks on Wednesday and next Saturday will officially be one month. I figure that is about all my body can do.

I am sure some of you will scoff at the concept of my "giving myself permission" to do something which I am in complete control of. However, I think most of us are this way at times. No matter what we read, think, or are told, we have to grant ourselves the "right" to do something that is a personal preference. Maybe you would agree with my friend AKB, who would say I am just a girl who over thinks everything.

So, why this week? Well, a month is a nice round number. Something I can surely say and be proud of. ("Bfeeding? Oh yeah, I did that for a month. Pure Hell.") But actually I am doing it until Wednesday, in part, because I hope to get some sound advice from the pediatrician about formula choices.

Have you seen the number of choices there are for formula?!?!? I thought having six different pacifier choices was horrible. Oh my. Enfamil LIPIL has four choices of their brand alone. Let's see there is the one with iron, which is clinically proven to make your child smarter and pass the GQE the first time; there is Gentlease that helps breakdown lactose and end gas, fussiness, and make sure your child never cries again; there is A.R. which makes your kid not puke all over you; and Nutramigen which ends colic within 48 hours (it says that ON THE CAN) and ends world hunger. Seriously. Can I buy a can of each and combine them????

Of course, I am having some qualms about going with what the doctor says. How do I know she really thinks a particular brand is best and is not reacting to...I don't know... the sweet Buca de Bepo's lunch that was brought in by the rep of Brand X?

There I go over thinking again...my brain hurts.

P.S. Yes, note that my son and I were both cheering for the Colts yesterday. Josh wore a Bears t-shirt and was not in our picture~he took it. Hudson threw up all over Josh's shirt before the game, but like a proud parent of a 3.5 week old--or a real Bears fan?--, Josh continued to wear the shirt with pride.

2 comments:

sportsmom1017 said...

Oh my - you are too funny!

Please note that while you were lamenting your decision about bf, I was watching my first born click the "submit" button on her college applications. Yes, it's true, time flies!

Granpa Bear said...

If I need to be the one to bring home the Bears outfit, so be it. He can be a Colts fan until he's old enough to know better at which time he'll side with his dad and Grandpa Bear. Hudson did most likely have a Colts moment during the game, Heather please correct me if I'm wrong but, did he cry at any point during the exhibition? Exactly what I thought, a Colt's Moment...did he sound like Payton?? It's great he's a sports fan already. Love ya Grandpa Bear.