Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I now pronounce you...you, me, and he



This weekend Hudson had his first public social gathering watching Mama stand up in the wedding of her friend, Heather Anne (former student & my first editor). Heather's family graciously modified my role in the wedding so that I was able to participate 2 and a half weeks after the c-section.
It was a special day for all of us. Josh and I have a new saying, "You, Me, and He" acknowledging the change to our little family. The evolution of a relationship from dating to marriage to parent is so special. Josh is such a fabulous dad. Five months ago he had never even held a baby and now he changes diapers, actually knows the proportions for mixing formula (I don't), and sings Hudson songs like the Bears fight song "Bear Down Chicago Bears" for entertainment. (Just don't ask him to dress Hudson~wink!) He even graciously edits my blog for me. (Who has time to proofread or spellcheck????) Here is one of Josh dad's pictures from the wedding (forget how cute I looked!):






It is fun learning parenting together. We are frequently asking each other, "Do you think I should..?" I think Hudson would laugh at us if he could comprehend how green we are. Good thing he has no other parents to compare us to. For example, which two new parents forgot the carefully packed diaper bag (with 3 bottles!!!) when they went to the Downtown Indy wedding??? We decided to "wing it" and Hudson survived. I should be able to forget the trama of bfeeding (picture fountains of milk) in the Rathskeller bathroom any day now...

Here is the bride (who wore purple! how cool!) and her troublesome bridesmaid.

No comments: