Hudson is the perfect size. At his one month doctor's visit today, he weighs 7 pounds 12 ounces. Yes, he gained a pound in 2 weeks! He is just a hair longer than when he was born (20 1/2 inches). I didn't need anyone to tell me his size was just perfect; I already knew. I love it that his head and his butt both fit into the palm of my hand. I love it that I can hold him easily with one arm. I love it that he has lean chicken legs. I love it that his feet are so stinking long.
While we are on the topic of perfect size, it is *interesting* (read: inappropriate) to me the number of people who have asked Josh or I if we are going to have more children. To ask that of a parent of a one month old is frankly just ridiculous. I am not of sound mind or adequate sleep to make a decision about what to cook for dinner. On behalf of all new parents, please stop this line of questioning. And while we are at it, (I am getting fired up here) I am offended by those who ask--or usually say-- that Hudson needs a sister. If we are blessed to have healthy children, isn't that enough? Why do we have to set quotas? Children are not salt and pepper shakers. You don't need one of each to be complete.
A little video of Hudson's body (he had hiccups, of course!)
2 comments:
I read your blog and it is like reading my own thoughts. My son was born 08/13/08 and he was 6 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. He too, has skinny chicken legs, the longest feet and toes I have ever seen and yes, he too is perfect. I e-mailed you about your blog a few days ago, don't know if you got it.
Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.
Misty in Oklahoma, roots in Indiana.
Heather - Misty is the daughter-in-law of one of my friends from work. We have been trading stories about the boys and I gave her your blog address. I thought you could compare notes - complaints, etc.
;) LK
Post a Comment