Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pinching Pennies

Choices.
As if parents of newborns have the time to make sound choices about the products their child needs. There are a gazillion different kinds of diapers, pacifiers, bottles, wipes, you name it. Why does it all have to be so complicated? The topic for discussion this week is bottles.
First, let me clarify to the gods of the baby products, I am on to you. You sell products which have the shelf life of sushi. What is the point of selling 4 ounce bottles that the baby will no longer be able to use after 4-6 weeks???
Now to my dilemma: Do I go with the $10 Avent bottle or $1 Evenflow one? Why does it equate to "$10: She loves her child" or "$1: She does not" in my head??? Isn't that silly? Please, you were the same way.
We overcame the diaper product dilemma quickly. That is because despite what the side of the box/bag will tell you, cheap diapers WILL leak. I will happily be a diaper snob if it means Hudson's and my clothes are dry. As you can tell by this picture, Hudson is unphased by my stresses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you!

When we brought Whyatt home from the hospital, it was all new to me. So.....I thought if it was more expensive - then it's better.

Well, it didn't take me long to change my thinking. With Whyatt, the bottles that I found that I LOVED.....were the Wal-Mart brand called "Nubby". They were on the bottle shelf and you bought one at a time. Loved them! They didn't leak, they were easy to hold and the nibble area had little "bumps" on it.

As for diapers.....no thinking about! Pampers all the way. I have also tried different ones with both boys. I have been given diapers since Connor's birth. Most have been Huggies. Sorry, while I GREATLY appreciate the gift of diapers - keep them coming - I will continue to use Pampers after all of my "diaper gifts" are gone!

It's funny though, I like Huggies wipes over Pampers wipes!!!

Anonymous said...

Hudson, you are so cute. I sure see a lot of your mom in you. No, her face isn't actually a camera.