According to the books, the past month has been full of learning for Hudson. Each day his brain creates thousands of new connections. I have been reflecting on all the things I have learned in the past month myself and all the little moments I hope never to forget. Like Hudson, these memories and moments will be replaced later by more significant ones, but I can still dream that I will always remember...
- how sweet his little face looks when he sleeps
- the irrational, but persistent thought I have most nights that if I just concentrate hard enough, I can WILL him back to sleep ("Please go to sleep. Please go to sleep. Please...")
- the hilarity of the Moro reflex (when he acts like he is free-falling)
- how I have already done multiple things I said I never would (i.e. co-sleeping)
- the luxury of the little things (showering or eating with TWO hands!)
- the nastiness of his first diaper on formula (greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen)
- those fake smiles which mean the world--even if they are just gas
- the day he grew out of his first outfit (the sleeper with dogs on the feet)
- how my whole world is obsessed with time (ate at 12, sleep at 2, diaper change was last...)
- still not comprehending how someone so small creates so much laundry
- the rapid changes in his face when he is dreaming
- his sheer impatience when he is wanting fed
- the conversations I never thought Josh and I would have ("How was his poop today?")
Each day brings something new, something amazing. Hopefully when I am 80 I, like Candy, can hold my newborn great grandson in my arms.
For now, I wish to live in the moment.
1 comment:
Do you every find yourself falling asleep while feeding him and your head bobs?
Did that two nights ago and he must have known I needed to be woken up, so he did a HUGE nasty number in his pants and the smell alone could have been used for chemical warfare!
Misty
Post a Comment