Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A little stroll...




Five weeks old seems like the appropriate time to take Hudson to a sacred place...the local library. I took advantage of the gorgeous fall day and perfect temperature (sunny & 67 degrees, FYI) to take Hudson for his first stroll through the campus of Franklin College to the Johnson County library. Turns out they usually give certificates for people's first library visit, but they were out today (bummer!). I really hate to bring a diaper bag everywhere, so today I went sans the evil luggage. Turns out I did need it, but not for Hudson. Mama has some uh... unpaid library fines to even up on. (Yes, they do "freeze" your card if it reaches...a certain amount.) Little man worked his magic and the lady behind the desk went ahead and let me check out all the books I wanted (probably because they were all about babies and sleeping and she took pity on me).





Walking back through the grounds of the college, Hudson woke up. He absolutely HATES having the sun in his face. Josh and I are on the look out for baby sunglasses. (If you know of where I could find some, please let me know! ) I personally find it hilarious when his face gets all scrunched up and he just acts like the sun is an evil poison overtaking his body. However, having this little drama acted out in the middle of a college campus between classes when everyone was out and about was not exactly funny. A newborns cries do echo over eighteen year olds talk of term papers and quizzes. Oh well.


No comments: